For each exhibition, Laguna Art Museum offers interactive school tours for all grade levels free of charge. Tours are facilitated by trained docents and are designed to let students be active participants in the process of looking at, learning about, and enjoying art.
The education department consults closely with teachers to ensure that thematic tours enhance classroom learning and support curriculum objectives. Whenever possible, the museum also offers an art-making activity in conjunction with a tour.
• encourage careful observation
• foster an open exchange of ideas
• cultivate connections between art and life
• create a positive and welcoming learning environment
• utilize a variety of teaching strategies and group activities to help meet the needs and interests of diverse learners
Notes about group tours:
• All school or other group tours need to make a reservation at least three weeks ahead of time.
• The museum requires at least one adult chaperone for every ten students.
• Students and adult chaperones are admitted free of charge.
• Museum hours:
Monday-Tuesday, Friday-Sunday: 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 11:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
Closed on Wednesdays and on major public holidays
“The docent program at the Laguna Art Museum is unsurpassed in Orange County.”
~ Mary Chabre (art teacher at Our Lady Queen of Angels in Santa Ana)
>> To make your reservation, please fill out the application form below or contact Kayla Gephart at 949.494.8971 x221. Please note that the museum is closed on Wednesdays.
*Note to parents and teachers: Laguna Art Museum presents a wide variety of exhibitions depicting a broad scope of subjects, sometimes including adult themes. The museum recommends that you familiarize yourself with the current exhibition before your scheduled tour.